- Pros: Dash allows a very customizable experience by using React under the hood. Dash easily supports interactive visualizations. There is a huge and active community willing to help out each other.
- Cons: Dash is focused around its own visualization library, and may require some extended CSS and HTML knowledge for customization. As Dash also has an Enterprise version, some functionality is reserved for Enterprise only.
- Use (Dash) if: You need a high level of customization to adhere to your use-case and may need enterprise features in the future.
- Alternatives: Streamlit and Shiny
- Pros: Streamlit is well suited for fast prototyping. On top of being easy to understand and having a good documentation to get started, the real-time feedback when changing code allows for a fast turnaround. If you do not need a fully scalable application running with thousands of users, then putting a Streamlit application in production should not be a problem.
- Cons: The biggest strength of fast prototyping is also the biggest weakness, as customization is limited. The look and feel can only be customized to a certain degree.
- Use (Streamlit) if: you want a fast way of building applications and visualizations for your users, for example for a small internal data app.
- Alternatives: Dash and Shiny
Firebolt Streamlit Example: https://github.com/spinscale/firebolt-streamlit-demo