Who we are
Firebolt is redefining the big-data space while challenging competitors such as Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery. We’re building a revolutionary cloud data warehouse as-a-service, completely redesigned for the era of clouds, lakes, and impossible data challenges. Firebolt is a well-funded startup, founded by ex Sisense founders (an already successful company in the big-data field) and employs some of the leading high-performance database experts in the world.
About the job to be done
We are looking for a full-time data engineer with strong hands-on coding experience, who wishes to experience AI/ML work. You will be one of the founding members of our new AI team, researching database optimization strategies, in order to help the user make smarter decisions yielding better performances. You will be tackling diverse problems, developing and applying ML techniques, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our product.
- Take part in the definition of our R&D ecosystem and ALM
- Develop from the grounds up and maintain our CI/CD pipelines, handling performance, error monitoring, and automated testing
- Collaborate with R&D to provide self-service tools and automate everything possible
- Provide solutions using open source technologies, fork, create PRs to upstream and develop missing tools from scratch where needed
- Be part of the CI/CD DevOps team
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience writing Python for statistical/ML/scientific projects
- Good knowledge of SQL, experience with of data-warehousing is a PLUS
- Understanding of the various techniques used to optimize Database performance, such as: the use of indexes and their various types, the tradeoffs of normalization v.s. de-normalization, physical data layout, and many more
- Proven ability to implement automated solutions working with REST API and JDBC.
- Experience working with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Sisens, or Cliq
- Education - Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or similar fields
- Proactive problem solver
- Familiarity with pandas, sklearn, spark - advantage
- Experience with ML/Statistical models - advantage